Virtual and augmented reality together with other computer vision technologies has the potential to become one of the big transformative technologies in the current wave of digitalization, and it will definitely reshape how humans do and perceive a lot of things, and enable machines to automation many tasks as well as provide them with the potential for autonomous behaviour.
Virtual reality and augmented reality are currently being adopted in different spaces. Virtual reality is consumer-first and is primarily used for games, movies, and events. Augmented reality is business-first and is primarily used for field services, manufacturing, and training.
The range of potential computer vision applications is wide, from autonomous vehicles and robotics to security and surveillance or medical image analysis and industrial quality inspection.
Computer vision and its supporting technology
TecPoint works with all the relevant technologies required for implementing advanced computer vision solutions.
• Image processing
• Object detection and tracking
• Position detection
• Motion detection
• 360 video
• Face and pattern recognition
• Gesture understanding
• Augmented and virtual reality
• Machine learning
• Embedded development
• Hardware design, ASICS
• Cloud solutions
• Game development
• Advanced mathematics and algorithm development
We have specialist competence in motion detection, VR/AR and pattern recognition. Our existing technology can be built into dedicated equipment, high reliability industrial applications, or into consumer products games or home electronics; or TecPoint can support your own development project through the full production lifecycle.
TecPoint has the developers needed to do the work, be it specialists in motion detection, VR/AR and pattern recognition or mathematicians, hardware designers, embedded developers or server side developers.
AR/VR, imaging and motion control competence areas
We have experience from working with a wide range of Augmented/Virtual Reality, Imaging and Motion Control application areas, e.g.
Image and video processing
• Video stream analysis and image information search and categorization
• Video transcoding
• Distribution and management of video for different channels such as web, mobile and IPTV
• Video surveillance systems
• Camera management systems
• Movement pattern detection
• Remote measurement of object characteristics, such as size
• Acquisition and tracking of moving objects, including individual in a crowd
• Gesture recognition for gaming or touch-free control of industrial equipment
• Collision prevention
• Image pattern recognition, including face recognition
• Interactive digital signage solutions
• Virtual reality high-end headset and SDK to be used with different smartphone platforms
• Virtual Reality games
• Virtual Reality industrial applications